Saturday, May 10, 2008

Are you a Superlearner?

Eric Davidove's video has helped me to recognize many of my online colleagues as 'Superlearners'.

Teemu Arina sees the original concept of 'superlearning' as very much a one-way, school 1.0 phenomenon. In referring to the original concept, identified in the book by Ostrander and Schroeder
"...superlearning as a concept is so school 1.0, where you acquire as much information as possible, so that you can reproduce it in various contexts…and bore yourself to death in the meantime."

But I see many elements of networked learning in this revised application of the word that applies directly to many of the learners in our classrooms today... teachers included!



Note: The original post has been edited based on information provided by Teemu Arina. As I can't seem to locate a strikethrough tool on Blogger, I've italicized the updated information. RL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, actually what I critisize is superlearning (see amazon for the book), that was introduced in the 70's. What Eric is talking under the same title is contradictory to the original meaning of superlearning. His approach is exactly the right one.

Rodd Lucier said...

Thank you for the clarification Teemu.

Considering the video in context with your previous online writing, the post to which I referenced took me aback. Thank you for putting it in its proper context.

I trust that the revision of the above post more accurately reflects your thoughts.