Friday, January 11, 2013

Making Connections as a Fidgital Native

Today, I connected the ideas of three distinct authors writing words 10 years apart from one another, on different platforms. Below, I use my voice, to highlight the connection I made between two invented terms: 'screenager' and 'fidgital'.

Consideration of that connection, led me to a new term: 'Fidgital Native'. I wonder if that phantom vibration in a student's pocket will be used as diagnosis?


 


 So, what did I connect?
  Everything Bad is Good for You: How Today's Pop Culture is Actually Making us Smarter by Steven Johnson
Welcome to Generation "Fidgital" by Katie Mcdonough
Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants by Marc Prensky

Does this lead you to consider any related connections you'd like to share?
blog comments powered by Disqus